<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Sunday, October 24, 2004

My birthday was turning out to be the worst on record. Ahmet continued to be defiant all thw while the desk in Istanbul wants story after story. The machine is broken and rolling downhill. We did get a few stories filed today including spot news wgere a man strapped with grenades blew himself up in the foreigner shopping district, killing himself and wounding 9. The Taliban have not had a lot of success, but when they do, they hit very symbolic targets. Glad I've been laying low this past week. Bureau-wise, things were still sketchy after I learned some of the guys, headed by Ahmet wrote the boss about me, apparentluin retaliation. Anyway, there's a lot going on here that is inappropriate for me to convey because it's a personel issue So to make a long story short:
Abdullah brings me into the kitchen to tell me that Ahmet is uncomfortable with the situation and wouldn't be returning until late. Afterward, we went back into the living room where most the crew was waiting for me with a cake. We were able to talk things out and learn a little bit about the issues concerning our relationship. So it was positive for sure and enabled me to regain some trust that I had lost.
I'm still not sure what to do about Ahmet. Not much I can do. I guess I'll just let the big guys deal with that issue. I can't see the situation changing much, so I'll use my energy somewhere else and get ready to move on

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?