<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Today I got lucky. A REAL day off. Bagram needed me up here by 1700 Saturday. Like usual, right on time. Unfortunately I found that my flight isn't until about 2 am Monday morning. Hence the day off.
Days off are good here. This is a place where you lose track of days and time. There is no "working for the weekend" here. You get what you get and take it when it comes.
Apparently I will be leaving with USMC 3/6 on a week long patrol shortly after I get to Salerno. That's right; FOB Salerno, not Asadabad. No problem with me. Khowst is one of the more dangerous places in the country and it should be an interesting week.
So... a day at Bagram. Nothing really to write about except that the Detroit Lions are on TV, on my day off. Now all I need is a beer.

PS - My new website is starting up. Although far from finished, you will soon be able to see all my pictures from Afghanistan as well as access my blog. So please bookmark www.battlefieldtourist.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?