<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Monday, August 09, 2004

Soon after hearing from Sgt. Dyer that he was working on getting me to Qalat, I got a call from Major Bloom. He has an embed set up with the Afghan Army that will last about two weeks. The best part is that it starts in Qalat then goes west to Herat and then to central Afghanistan to the province of Ghor. Remarkably, those are the three areas, in order, that I had pplanned to visit once I got here. Right now he's making sure there is room for me, and if so, I leave tommorrow morning.
Now, I have to admit, this is probably going to be my most dangerous assignment yet. The ANA tend to be the ones that do a lot of the fighting and the places we are going is seeing a lot of fighting now... so I have a bit of fear right now.
Today, ISAF changed command. It is the sixth command to take over since the war began. A ton of brass was there, but like any ceremony, it was a bore. I left immediately after the ceremony and left Ahmed to do the press conference. Advatage: We beat everyone to the story by at least an hour... so maybe, just maybe, we'll get some sales.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?