<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Sitting in Istanbul for more than a few days can get boring, but getting to Kabul isn't always easy. As I wait for my Afghan visa to come from Ankara, all I can do is watch the grass grow. Once it does come, I get to try to catch one of two weekly flights to Kabul, so I may not get there until Tuesday. At least this time I'm being paid.
So with all this freetime, I get to harrass the Public Information Officers with emails. Today I got an invite to go to one of three places, two of which I've already been to. Problem is, Ghazni, Jalalabad and Gardez are almost always quiet. This adds evidence to my theory that these guys are not facilitators, but hinderers. Plain and simple: The US Army does not want the full story of Afghanistan out, just their version.

To: Major Peat/Captain Eckert,

Question:
  Why do you offer embeds in places where there is little to no action?  Wouldn't it
be better to show us what is being done for voter security in paces like Khowst,
Qalat and Helemand?  It seems as though you guys are working overtime to keep
people away from the action.  Now, I might be wrong, but I would like to know what
you think of this perception shared by many colleagues.
  Ghazni, Gardez and Jalalabad should be replaced with Salerno, Qalat and
Asadabad... no?
See ya next week.
Dave Tate


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?