<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Dave you are on our radar, we will be glad to accommodate your request when you get here.

Talk to you then.

 
Mike,  We talked about this before I left.  You told me that you work with people in country and people YOU KNOW will be in country from experience.  I have worked extensivly with you and will need to get out as soon as I get back.  I do not have the time to wait a month while my name moves through the list.  I know for fact you guys work with people before they get here (Geraldo, Laura Logan, etc..), so please, let's play this even.  So I guess this is my question:  How long will I be waiting once back in country?  My goal is to hook up with 2/35 attached to the 25th ID somewhere in Zabol.  Preferably with units working with the ANA.    Since you know this in advance and you know when I'll be back, I shouldn't need to wait a month to move.  I'm hopefully getting you enough information that some advance planning can be done.  Finally, your records are correct. I went to Jalalabad for three days. However, I waited so long that all I could do was three days because I was out of time.  Not only that, but Jalalabad was nowhere near any of the four different places I requested to go.  I lost a full month of work because of the slow response from your office.  In fact, I had to go through Camp Phoenix to get that trip.  I truly hope this process is getting smoother.See you in two weeks.

Dave Tate
IHA, Kabul Bureau Chief

 
  Dave we do have a policy of not lining up embeds with media that are not in country. We have not forgotten you and we will have something line up> for> you after you get into country.  Bye the way were not embedded with TFP before you left??? Anyway our records show that you were. Please let me> know> if that was an error.  Please come by and see us when you get back into country

Mike

 
Capt. Eckert,

  A week ago I wrote about rying to be set up with an embedd when I> return > to Afghanistan in a few weeks.  I still have heard no reply whatsoever > from your office.  The reason this concerns me is because for the> entire > month of June, your office was unable to get me out with a unit.  I  hope this process is not happening again.

Sincerely,
Dave Tate
IHA, Kabul Bureau Chief

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?