<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Well, I never finished Friday's entry. No biggie anyway. I ended up rushing home from my Karzai interview and screeching across Kabul to hook up with the Canadians. Not much of a patrol: Seven guys, two jeeps, and me. Just some presence patrolling in places that smelled very bad. Actually, this whole town smells like an old squat I used to live in back in San Francisco somewhere in the early 90's. I swear to god these people have no concept of sanatation!!
The one real cool thing about getting out to Camp Julian was after the patrol. Camp Julian sits in between the former king's palace and the queen's palace. The king's palce is blown all to hell. Holes, rubble, major war damage. Looks like something out of a book. In fact, this whole side of Kabul looks like Berlin 1945. I can't even begin to imagine the ferocity of the fighting that took place here.
The past two days I've been coasting along, just waiting to go home. This type of work has really made me immune to "big news". I guess the world's eyes are on Istanbul. Quite the historic event. Tomorrow I'll be arriving amidst the chaos with the guest of honor, President Karzai. Monday, June 28th 2004 will go down in my history as one of my most incredible days, even if all I do is get on the plane. I am the only TV journalist invited to fly in with Karzai. I feel very privledged and can hardly believe to this instant that me, Dave Tate, is the one that has been invited. This is going to be one wild ride. Talk to you in a few days.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?