<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Monday, May 24, 2004

Ok.. so that wasn't my last note for a while. Maybe this is? So I'm waiting to fly out to the firebase, and like many times before, my plane is cancelled due to mechanical problems. This is a HUGE problem in its own because the operation begins in two hours and I'm missing it. Not only will I not get out tonight, but being "unessential", I'm at the back of the line to everything else that isn't getting out. I'm getting sick (in the head this time). I never thought I'd be crying in my water (no beer here) because I can't get shot at.. but this is big and would probably be picked up by major networks in the states. Ack.
Also; Yesterday morning around 6:30 while I toiled in pain as all the water in my body decided it wanted to exit, a mortar shell landed about 300 yards from my tent. So close that I felt the blast on my face from inside my tent. Guess that proves you can get killed any time, anyhwhere here in Afghanistan. PS - No one was injured. Two other shells that came in failed to explode. A fourth "dud" blew up hours later - whew!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?