<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Went on my first patrol today. Everything went fine. Mostly with AfghanNational Army guys and Psy Ops. We visited three villages outside in Kandahar. Handed out soccer balls and blankets. They call it a "Hearts and Minds" mission. They cover 120 villages and work six days a weeks. The main concerns are fresh water for these people, that and education. They seem to be grateful for what the Coalition is doing, but still are having fears about security. No one has seen Taliban in the area for a while, which is good. One thing I worry about for the locals is retribution for cooperating with the Coalition.
My SAT truck will be here in the morning so I can start sending out video. That's a relief. Other than being sunburned... everything is working out great.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?