<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Ok... today I have "monkey-butt". I really won't elaborate because I'm sure you understand. The "monk" sucks bad, too. Especially in places like Afghanistan.

eeeh-eeeh-eeek!

So I generally wake up every morning at, or about, 6:00am. A full four hours before the nearest Turk. Really no choice. People here are up with the sun and down with the sun. Guess that's the reality of a country at war with serious security issues. Not only does the traffic start, but the rooster in the back thinks, 2:00 am is 6:00 am... so he begins prepping me for 6:00 at 2:00.
Reminds me of when I was a kid. We grew up in a small city within the now overcrowded suburbs of northwest Detroit. We had real weird yard, but for the city, having an acre was rare and cool. Not only did we have an acre of land that ran as an unbuildable strip along the 500+ yard 16th fairway at Pine Lake Country Club, but we had chickens as well.
I remember a few problems arising from these chickens. Actually it was the roosters. I believe we had a few whinny neighbors. Not sure if it was our direct neighbors or the apartment complex beyond that. Regardless, someone didn't like our chickens. Kind of like me not liking the chicken that lives behind us. Never anyone mind this is the most "upscale" it gets in this city.
Things today are still, "just ok". I need to get out into the field. Turns out, the day last week I was told, "no more combat ops for 6 weeks", the Army launches it's newest attack. They have done nothing but lied about things since I got here. I'm not sure what their problem is, but they definitely control the media and they play favorites. No doubt about it. FOX and CNN get what they want, when they want. Never thouhgt I'd have to BEG to go to combat. Seriously, when Geraldo came, the army ferried in all his stuff by helicopter!!! To a FOB (Foward Operating Base). What service. I can't even get a lunch date! Do I hear the U.S. taxpayer saying, "You're welcome, Geraldo!"
Now finally, I need to set it straight... the record, that is. I am not complaining outwardly, nor dissapointed with my situation. What you are reading are my thoughts. Notes that will help me preserve this event while I'm busy thinking about other things. So don't think I didn't expect what is before me. Maybe it's not to the extent that I figured, but I did come prepared. Also, my spelling is poor (internet cafe can get expensive, even here!). I've simply invited you into a part of my mind, so if you choose, you can go on an adventure with me.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?