<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Monday, April 19, 2004

Afghanistan is a very barren place. Here the weather can go from the 40's to the 80's in the same day. We are in what they call "120 days of wind". Everyday around 3pm, the wind kicks up in a nasty manner, making life miserable. Most of the houses here are made of clay, very primitive. I doubt things have changed much in hundreds, if not thousands of years.
There is very little green here. What is green is the work of farmers using primitive, but effective irrigation means. The people are generally nice, especially the kids, but you can tell some adults do not like the coalition much.
The terrain itself is mountainous desert. Nothing but rocks and dust as fine as baby powder. It gets into everything. Being dirty here is the norm and something to get used to, particularily in the field.
Well... gotta run.. my time is up.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?