<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

There are many lessons one learns whilst traveling. Now, I am, by no means, a "seasoned" traveler. I am definitely above the average person, I'd say... But I do have a long way to go. Regardless, there are lessons learned and rules are formulated to prevent any recurrence or, any problem in general.

Lesson #1

This lesson comes from a simple fusion of smaller life lessons: Never consider anything good a done deal until you have a plane ticket, and even then, you are only 95% there.

Lesson #2

You are never really there, until you're there.

I do feel much better today. In fact, I actually believe that I am not sleeping and I am going to Europe. I picked up the tickets from Delta today... Pretty big investment if this is a no go. Either way, I get to go to one of the coolest towns in Europe: Istanbul. Regardless, I'm preparing like this is the real deal. I just have to assume the Turks have a different way of doing business. I guess we'll see when I get there.
Today was better than yesterday. Since I missed the deadline to get the tape to the Byrd basketball team, I have time to finish it right, which I am now. Actually I'm finally reproducing it after making some changes that the coach suggested.
Should be fun giving him his tapes tomorrow. He'll probably be hard pressed to pay. People have no clue what it takes to make certain things happen. Now I only have two projects to finish before I leave. I'm never going to get to my taxes.
I got a final client payment for some other work which allowed me to pay off the furnace that crapped out a few months ago. Also able to stick some extra money in the wife's account in preparation to my departure. That really helps out. If there's one thing I don't want on my mind in Afghanistan, is whether the bills are being paid. Heidi's a great woman, but she's not made of money!
The battles in Afghanistan and Pakistan are really picking up. That really is my only idea as to why I'm on the fast track to Afghanistan. What luck.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?