<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Monday, March 29, 2004

Ma'am and Sir,

After reviewing the video sent back from Ahmed, it is clear that it is taken from an area that isn't in the current frontline situation. Mine clearing and weapons demolition is fine to a point. However, I am looking to be with a unit(s) that is involved in cave clearing and/or air assault as much as possible during my three months. These are the pictures I need more than anything. Understand that I take my job very serious and do not look at this situation as some gung ho idiot reporters do. I listen to orders and have excellent discipline.
I saw a GREAT piece by 60 Mınutes II where a female reporter and photographer was involved in frontline operations. I have also seen these pictures recently in TIME. This is what my goal is. These are the pictures I am being sent to Afghanistan to get. This is why I am putting my life on the line and leaving my family. This is the idea I have been working with Major Sater with. In fact, I have provided your command with a detailed 60 page proposal for a documentary about this very thing. It is a very specific mission that I have been working many months for and is the only way I'll keep my job.
With two fresh battalions of Marines deploying to the theater and being former Marine myself, these are the guys I'd love to attach to. I am not looking for a field trip. I'm looking to preserve history and my job.
Also understand that IHA is a 99% Muslim organazation. This could be an incredible opportunity for the coalition to ensure balanced reports make it into the Muslim world. All I need is a seat on a chopper. I can't imagine they are in short supply.
Obviously I will be able to get a better understanding once there, but I just wanted you to understand what it is I'm after in advance. This is what I've been planning. It has been no secret, and up until a few days ago, that is what I have been expecting.

Thanks for listening. See you Thursday.

Dave Tate
IHA News Agency

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?