<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Thursday, March 11, 2004

LOCAL JOURNALIST AGREES TO LETTER OF INTENT WITH IHA

Roanoke-based freelance journalist, David Tate, has tentatively agreed to a 110 day contract with the international news agency, IHA, as a war correspondent covering the War in Afghanistan. Tate will leave the US for Istanbul on March 21st to finalize the deal, then travel directly to Kabul to report on events related to the spring offensive and the Afghani elections. Tate's last day at WFIR NewsRadio will be Monday, March 15th.
Tate, 36, was born in Keego Harbor, Michigan and is a 1985 graduate of West Bloomfield High School in Oakland County, Michigan. After studying Political Science and Public & Environmental Affairs at IU-Bloomington, Tate has spent the last ten years in Roanoke. Five of those years at the NBC affiliate, WSLS. Tate's wife, Heidi Krummert-Tate, 28, is the mid-day jock at 96.3 WROV. She plans to continue her duties as Asst. Program Director/Music Director. David's parents, Robert and Diana, reside in Grant County, Indiana.

Information on IHA can be found at this link: http://www.iha.com.tr/english

For more information, contact David Tate at 540/556-2853

Well, it's all but official: I am stepping into the big leagues and will soon be a war correspondent. The best part, as painful as it's been, I've done it my way and I couldn't be any more thrilled than I am today. More to follow.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?