<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Monday, March 29, 2004

Here's the latest. This time in proper order!!
==================================================================
(From Maj. Moon to me)

Ahmed visited Orgun-e, currently the closest area to the border possible for journalists embedded with Coalition Forces. It is exactly the same place from which the female reporter shot her video.

The Coalition's focus in Afghanistan is helping the Afghan people rebuild their country. Our main effort here is via the PRTs. Combat operations are infrequent and unpredictable. Additionally, the activities you desire may or may not occur while you are here.

I'm sure Ahmed shot the best action available for this forward operating base (FOB) while he was there. His experience while at Orgun-e could be characterized as the norm for journalists visiting our FOBs. Forces at the FOBs primarily conduct cordon searches, vehicle check points, security patrols and act on verifiable intelligence. They also conduct offensive operations when necessary to maintain security and stability or to capture anti-Coalition forces or their weapons. However, they are not in constant contact with anti-Coalition forces and if your expectation is such, you will be disappointed.

You are on the embed request list.

MAJ Steven R. Moon, Director

Kabul Press Center

Commander, 211th Mobile Public Affairs Detachment
===================================================================
Major Moon,

Thanks for the clear up, Major. As I said, it is difficult for me to fathom what it is you are dealing with there. I seriously appreciate the lengthy explanation. I know you're busy as hell, so I'll not tie you up anymore. I look very much forward to meeting and working with you.
To clear up my end: I will be working overtime to produce original and under reported items about the Coalition efforts. In fact, I will bust my ass to outshine any other on the reconstruction efforts. Civil affairs and the like are very interesting to me and important to the world. Your mission is unique and must be properly portrayed from all directions. I just need to try to position myself the best I can. I do hope you understand.

Sincerely,

Dave Tate
IHA News Agency

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?