<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Well... I'm definately starting to sweat. I was supposed to close at the pizza joint today, but suckered someone into doing it for me so I can try and complete my Roanoke Catholic promo campaign. Unfortunately when I got home, there was some bad news:

Mr. Tate,

Thank you for your message regarding funding in the amount of $118,713.00
for a television program providing in-depth coverage of underreported
current events affecting the United States. It is an excellent project and
undoubtedly will be an important contribution. I regret, however, that we
will be unable to provide the financial support you need.

Our grants in public television take the form of completion funding for
major educational television series that have firm commitments for airing
nationally on PBS. Our resources for PBS programs are relatively limited
and the competition for funds is always intense. Therefore, we are able to
support only a few of the many excellent proposals each year.

I am sorry that we cannot assist and wish you every success in finding other
sources of support for your important program.


Jonathan T. Howe
Executive Director
The Arthur Vining Davis Foundations

This foundation was not at the top of my list, but it is definately a bummer, not to mention that we're running out of options. I wonder why, if it's such a great idea, why I didn't even have the opportunity for an interview???

Good news today is that Col Brown over at Soldier of Fortune is interested in some articles... if I ever make it there.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?