<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Sorry, one more thing, Major. I do understand the concept of local coverage. The idea I would be entertaining would be to show the deployment experience. Obviously nothing over interesting, but interesting and pertinent as well. Please keep in mind that you will get an archive copy of every inch of video I shoot. It is as important to me to preserve this for history as it is to make a movie. For some reason I'm having a hell of a time finding capital. With that in mind, do not be shocked if this is scaled back to one man. To be honest, it would be easier for you, just harder for me.

Talk to you soon.

Dave Tate

----- Original Message -----
From: Sater, Richard MAJ
To: 'Dave Tate'
Cc: Hilferty, Bryan LTC (CFC)
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 2:06 AM
Subject: RE: Query


Dave --

It's possible, but usually media that embed with a unit have a vested interest in the unit. For example, Watertown (NY) media embedded with the 10th Mountain Division, as the unit's home -- Fort Drum -- is located in Watertown.

I will info Lt Col Brian Hilferty on this message -- he is more familiar with the procedures for attempting an embed with a unit from the US. I will ask him to reply to your message. Under separate cover, I will send him a copy of your proposal for your 13 WEEKS program so that he has an idea of the scope of your project.

// Maj Richard Sater //
-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Tate [mailto:dtate38@cox.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 10:40 AM
To: Sater, Richard MAJ
Subject: Query


I am thinking about just this. Imagine this scenario:

Meet unit in US and fly to Bagram. While unit gets ready to go into the field, I go to the firebase they'd be going to, then hook back up with them. In the meantime, I can get in with a different combat unit and spend some time with PRT?

Would that be even remotely possible?

Things are getting a bit more antsy there... I may be too late.

Dave Tate

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?