<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Friday, February 06, 2004

So why should you get a professional to prepare your grant?

I decided that after two years of trying, that it was do or die. It kind of reminds me of one night in Iraq when I had to make the decision to come home. Not this time. If I was making a last stand, I better make it. So for a jaw dropping $2,800, I had a grant professionally prepared. So why in the hell would someone near bankruptcy, with two part time jobs, and a part time business be sending out $2,800 to get a grant proposal done? Do or die.
After getting the proposal back, I understand why. Well written and well researched, the people at GPRS took what information I provided them, and sculpted it into a very professional, expanded proposal that I would never have thought to do. You'd have to see it to understand. It is very impressive.
For instance: Our goal is to portray the US soldier in Afghanistan in a complete way. From our description and info provided, their staff researched our goal and literally wrote a 15 page report broken into objectives, summaries, etc... The full proposal itself is also completely laid out in a way that should give it "that edge". In fact, the sight of the proposal, the content of what we want to deliver, and with our partnership with the local PBS, I'm really feeling confident the money will prove well spent. I do hope so. I told my wife the grant was just over $1,000. One thing's for sure: I'll know whether or not she even pays attention to this blog.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?