<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Like every Monday and Tuesday, I work as a General Assignment reporter at News Radio 960, WFIR. I have to admit: I like local radio news better than local tv news. I guess the real difference is that even though both serve the same purpose, therefore lack content, at least you don't have to show your face for all to make fun of. The things I hear! Watching local news in many households is akin to watching Beavis & Butthead. Instead of ripping music video, people rip on local news people. Now there's a show idea.
Kerry, Edwards, and Clark have swung through the area. For once, people seem to be buzzing about voting. Today is the Virginia primary. At least I know what I'll be working on tonight. Yesterday's toll: 5 stories about a 2 car wreck, 3 stories about an abduction, 3 stories about voter expectations. Four of these were wraps, one live.

On the grant front: The Ford Foundation shot us down. That was expected. Their mission doesn't really fit what we offer. I could see other ideas I have being better accepted. In all I have lines out to six foundations. The foundation I have most hope for, The MacArthur Foundation, I have yet to hear back from. PBS (national) sent a letter of receipt this morning. Tick, tock....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?