<$BlogRSDURL$>

Time to once again open my life up a little in order to share the plethora of wealth I'm about to absorb. I'm going to be back in Iraq through September, so hop on board and check back every couple of days, I'll do my best to update as much as possible. Questions? dtate38@cox.net And check out the site I'm working with: http://www.billroggio.com Support independent journalism!

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

I can't believe I made it through the primary season without having to cover it. Not what I was thinking in my pre-work edit session. Put three good hours in on a project for a Catholic church. After that, shower, lunch, and off to work by 1:00. Since we cover such a small area, news radio is a little different than when I was in TV. I haven't decide the exact comparison just yet, but when I do...
So I got rewarded with a lead story about impending water and sewer rate changes and updated the local "hot button" issue. This is actually an interesting boring story. World War II era stadium (Victory Stadium) vs. New Stadium/amphitheater downtown. Looks like progress is going to lose this fight.
On the grant side, some great news. A place I sent an email to late last night (with letter of inquiry), promptly got back in touch:

David:

Thanks for your inquiry. ### will be placing on its website at the end of this month an RFP for a Public Affairs Programming Initiative: America at a Crossroads. The subject matter is how America and the world have changed since 9/11 and the Wars in Afghanistan & Iraq. Your proposed program might fall within the parameters of the initiative. If you think so, I encourage you to apply for a grant through this process. If you have any further questions, please contact ## who is currently managing this process. His email addresses is ##.

John ##

Vice President

TV Program Development

After reading this, I was VERY happy. No doubt that is what we would fall under. My writings have always talked about the post-911 situation. In fact, my travels have started since 9-11... It's all I know.

Rule of International Travel #1 - If you have an Israeli stamp in your passport, get a second passport.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?